Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Came on a Sunday

So, Spring started on Sunday. Not official Spring, but real Spring. Here's how I know:


On Sunday it was warm enough to go for a bike ride without a coat.
In the evening, we saw a raccoon in our backyard.
There was no snow anywhere.

Monday morning we were woken up by a bunch of birds making a racket. One bird, especially, made sure everyone in the neighborhood could hear him.

That afternoon I experienced my first tornado warning (the sirens blared up whilst we were on the walk pictured above). Allen and I got hit in the face by a thunderstorm.


Last night I sat on the back porch and listened to the frog croaks coming from the bog. I tried to count how many distinct calls I could pick out of the cacophony. I only got to 5.
I think I can do better than that tonight.


It's supposed to be in the upper 70's today.
It's supposed to get above 80 this weekend.
I think I'm going to wear a skirt to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. We had a really loud bird here this afternoon. I wouldn't be able to tell what it was but it is was singing.

    ReplyDelete